Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Spinach-Cheese Calzone

Paired with a green salad this recipe made for a tasty meal.  I just made my own pizza dough since the grocery store didn’t have frozen pizza dough and only a multipack of frozen bread dough.  (I have a very small freezer).  I followed the recipe as directed but I added a few more items I thought would be good.  I had some mushrooms I needed to use up so I sliced and sauteed them to use.  I also had some hot link type sausage left from the package I bought for the chicken sausage sandwiches so I sliced it thin and sauteed that up too.  I opened a can of olives and sliced those.  Instead of one big Calzone I made two pretty good sized ones.  It took a little longer to cook than stated in the book but I also had stuffed it fuller.  We both thought it tasted really good and I think it would be fun to try different fillings.  This was a fun recipe to make and I think you would all enjoy it. 

Filling before the Calzone was folded over and sealed:

Jacki's Pics 080

Just put in the oven, sprinkled with parmesan cheese:

Jacki's Pics 081

Just baked…..ahhhhh, the aroma!

Jacki's Pics 082

Sliced to serve with filling oozing out:

Jacki's Pics 083

1 comment:

Grandma NaDee said...

Jack and I got home from an employment bi-monthly meeting at 9:15pm having had no dinner, so I whipped out all the ingredients for the broccoli soup and whipped it up and we were eating it at 10pm and boy, was it GOOD. I just couldn't get enough and Jack had two bowls of it. Great choice whoever made it.