Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls X2

It was a surprisingly quiet afternoon on Thursday and the house was pretty much clean so I decided now would be a perfect time to try out the cinnamon roll recipe.  The dough was very easy to mix up which I was not expecting.  I usually make the cinnamon rolls in the bread maker so it can do all the kneading, mixing and rising for me but this recipe wasn’t bad at all.  I cut the recipe in half but it still made plenty and I filled 3 1/2 pie tins.  I put them in the oven before leaving to go on a run and instructed Sean to take them out when the buzzer went off and put the frosting on.  Long story short two pans were still in the oven and were pretty toasty at this point.  I was planning to give some to neighbors so I made 1/4 of a batch the next day but I must have messed up the yeast because they didn’t rise as much.  The first batch turned out great.  They were pretty easy to make and I will probably make these again! 

IMG_8344

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Your rolls look just like the recipe says, all gooey! Looks good.

Jacki's travels said...

Your cinnamon rolls look very good - better than mine:)

didi said...

wow!! I may try this next week!