Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fried Chicken

A few nights ago I made the fried chicken for dinner.  I was thinking ahead enough to let the chicken soak in the buttermilk for 24 hours so it was only in there for about 2 hours.  Instead of using a whole fryer I just used chicken breasts because that is what I had.  I made the flour mixture with rice flour and used all the suggested spices except thyme.  I probably didn’t cook it in as much oil as she did but it cooked up very nicely and I baked it for about 13 minutes before it was cooked through. I have never made fried chicken this way before and it turned out delicious! I think the buttermilk really gave it a little something extra.  We enjoyed it with some mashed potatoes and the biscuits from the cookbook. 

My Helper:

 IMG_8249 

Frying the Chicken

IMG_8253 

This is Sean’s plate, but he would like you to know he did have a salad on the side to balance all this out!

IMG_8256

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Cute helper! Your meal looks delicious. I am going to try making this recipe tonight for dinner. I need to get the chicken in the buttermilk to soak.

Audrey said...

Enjoyed your pictures! Your meal looked great. Mashed potatoes were a good idea.

Audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.