Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Owens' catch up time!

Okay, time to catch up!!  We had the Marlboro Man Sandwich the first part of November when my parents were visiting.  I think that if i fix this again I need to cut the beef strips thinner.  It was pretty good and well received for the most part; I may have used too much seasoning. 
I fixed the Sherried Tomato Soup; but let me preface the review by stating that our family doesn't really like tomato soup.  I followed the recipe except for the Sherry.  I thought that the flavor was very good; but we didn't care for the chunks of tomato in it.  I forgot to take a picture of it though. 

We fixed the last recipe of the Fried Chicken.  I forgot to put the chicken in the buttermilk the night before; but I put it in the morning that I fixed it.  I thought it had GREAT flavor.  I would definitely fix this again; but probably just use the parts of the chicken that we like. 

3 comments:

Leslee said...

I agree with tomato chunks in th soup. Good that the fried chicken was a hit. It does seem easier to just used chicken breasts or legs or whatever you guys like!

Jacki's travels said...

Good job on the catch up post and thanks for letting us all know how you liked the recipes.

Audrey said...

I agree with you about cutting the meat thinner for the sandwich and also blending up the tomato chunks. I like my tomato soup smooth. The chicken looked really good. Nice and crispy!