Friday, December 31, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Last week I made these cupcakes for a little Christmas Eve treat.  I followed Tarin's example by opting for cupcakes instead of a cake and they worked out great.  This recipe was obviously a bit harder than making a cake from a box but it was fun.  We did have some cake flour so I sifted that once and the batter turned out very light and fluffy.  My frosting turned out more like icing but I am sure I could have put more powdered sugar in to thicken it up.  It worked out just fine and tasted delicious:)  Everyone liked the cupcakes and they tasty light and fluffy.  They weren't very chocolatey at all and were more like red vanilla. Is that how they are suppose to be or did I make a mistake?? Anyway these were pretty and fun to make! 


No comments: