Monday, December 6, 2010

Jacki's Review of Fried Chicken



I made the Fried Chicken last night and it was excellent! I used chicken tenders instead of the cut up fryer and halved the recipe. I ended up soaking the chicken in the buttermilk for 24 hours and it was very moist and tasty. I didn't add as much thyme as recipe called for and I probably didn't use as much oil either but it turned out fine. I served it with homemade buttermilk biscuits (used your mom's recipe, Tarin - wonderful!) mashed potatoes/gravy and corn. I felt really guilty for not having a green vegetable but it was late and corn was fast and easy! Our meal did not lack carbs:) Good recipe!




4 comments:

Leslee said...

Delicious looking plate!

Heidi said...

I am going to do what you did next time - chicken tenders or breasts - whatever's in the freezer! :)

Audrey said...

Your plate of food looked really good. Wish that I had been there to eat :)

didi said...

I'm with you, use what's in the freezer =;)