Friday, June 7, 2013

Jacki’s Sweet Chili Chicken w/ Pineapple Salsa

I loved this recipe.  I like flavorful food and this dish didn’t disappoint!  The flavors were all spot on.  I marinated the chicken for a couple of hours and cooked it on a grill pan.  For the salsa I used canned pineapple because the fresh ones at the store didn’t look quite ripe.  The canned was good (and much easier) but I think the fresh would be even better.  I also omitted the cilantro because the store didn’t have any and again, it was very good without it but I like cilantro so it would be even better with it.  I diced up my red onion instead of slicing it – just sounded better that way for a salsa.  For the sauce – I heated it up before drizzling it over the chicken and salsa.  I served it over brown rice and it was perfect.  I was sad today when I polished off the last of the leftovers at lunch – yum!  The peanut butter bars look so good and I really want to make them but a whole batch of those alone with me in the house is just too risky:)  I will make them soon when I need to take a treat to a gathering or something.

Jacki's Pics 035

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Funny about waiting to cook the peanut butter bars :)
I like your idea about serving the chicken etc... Over rice. It looks really good!