Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jenny's Asian Lettuce Wraps and Spicy Noodle Stir-Fry

I made both of these recipes this week and thought they were both yummy! 

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the lettuce wraps, and I did take a picture of the noodles, but I am having some technical difficulties!

The lettuce wraps had a good flavor.  I was a little weirded out by the smell of the ground chicken when I was cooking it, but I got over it :)  My husband and I thought the wraps tasted pretty great and our kids were even brave and each had a couple of bites.  We must be making progress on our picky eaters here!  We had a ton of the filling left over, so the next night we had it over rice...which might sound different, but it was good!  

The stir-fry noodles were good too.  I ended up using twisty noodles, because I forgot to buy the linguine.  I know all noodles taste about the same, but somehow it was a little different using the twisty noodles.  Still tasted good, but I wish I had the linguine.  I did just as the recipe said and I thought the sauce had a really good flavor.  I added some of a rotisserie chicken to the noodles.  I probably like the Thai peanut noodles from their first book a bit better, but still thought this recipe was really tasty.  

I liked that both of these recipes were pretty healthy and light.  

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Glad you liked the recipes and the kids were brave enough to try them:) Yes, there was a lot of the chicken filling and I bet it was good with the rice.