Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bison Burgers and Lime pie!!!

We had the burgers last week and it was a perfect meal for our crazy day!!! I use ground buffalo for my ground beef recipes.
At our home bison burgers is a must so this was not a very unusual meal for our family. The mesquite flavor was very good. I really loved using the sweet Maui onions. We grilled the burgers and I just sautéed the onions in a frying pan with a bit of good quality olive oil.
The black bean salad I am afraid was not so successful no one really cared for it including myself. I used the roasted frozen corn that we like since is very sweet and has a bit of a smoky flavor but still was not appreciated.
NOW the Key lime pie was gone in 20 minutes flat!!!! What an easy recipe and how delicious. I used low fat condensed milk, low fat cool whip and low fat graham cracker and boy what a guilt free desert that was!!!!

















2 comments:

Leslee said...

I have never tried Bison Burgers but I am sure they would be delicious! The key lime pie was so good and I like how you made it so much healthier.

Jacki's travels said...

I have had bison chili but not burgers. It looks like you used some nice whole wheat buns too. Everything looks really yummy. Yes, that Lime pie was superb! Good job on the catching up and thanks for all of your cooking tips and suggestions.