Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Risotto Success

Last night Kelly and I tried out the risotto recipe with great success.  In order to accomodate all the different tastes we were cooking for we eliminated the mushrooms and asparagus.  I cooked it up in my electric skillet because I didn't have a good pan big enough to accomodate it all.  Kelly had made rissoto before and watched it being made on a cooking show so she knew the process and that you have to just keep adding all that liquid.  A few suggestions would be to not let the liquid totally absorb as the recipe states and to have some extra broth on hand because you might need more.  I made a little bit bigger batch but still used much more liquid than anticipated.  Don't be afraid to keep adding more!! We served it with Grilled Terriyaki Marinaded Tri-Tip Steak, fruit salad, and a green salad.  Everyone really liked it and it was well worth all that stirring and babysitting:) We will probably try the pear dessert tonight.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

It looks very tasty! I am looking forward to making it. Thanks for the tips and advice too.

didi said...

hummmmm looks so good!!!