Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We finally did it!

Choosing the salmon was easy, because I knew how much Charles (my husband) enjoys it. Because it was only he and I, I decided to used only half of the ingredients in the recipe.

So we went to the market to pick up the ingredients, and we took some Chilean Salmon (I'm from Chile), and it was funny when we noticed that on the bag it read " Atlantic Salmon", when Chile is on the Pacific Ocean. Anyways, back to the recipe...


I'm not so used to the dolce-salato combination, but I thought the combination of Red Cabbage- Mandarin Orange was interesting , and I wanted to try for the very first time the lemon pepper seasoning.


I love how easy and tasty this recipe is!. The balsamic vinegar and lemon pepper gives the salmon a wonderful taste and appearance, and the cooking time she suggests is perfect. The only thing I might suggest would be some fresh lemon juice on top when served. We also enjoyed the red cabbage-Mandarin orange mix. It is pretty tasty and colorful. But you have to be careful with the cabbage juice, because it might stain. I followed the instructions, but for the next time I would prefer not using salt on the cabbage and just leave it sweet. And maybe use some fresh Mandarin oranges, to give the preparation some citric flavor.


But in general this is a great recipe, in fact my husband and I eat everything.


My husband took the picture.





4 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the wonderful review and suggestions. I am planning on making the two recipes for dinner tonight. Your picture looks absolutely delicious! That is funny about the Chilean Salmon coming from the Atlantic ocean.

Leslee said...

Very nice write up and the picture is very pretty!. I did notice the cabbage juice was a pretty strong purple color!

Nika said...

Very professional looking picture. We tried the salmon. I will post soon.

didi said...

I loved your picture and we are having the Salmom tomorrow, It is a perfect easy meal for a Sunday dinner.