Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jacki’s Chicken and Twice Baked Potatoes

I made  this meal a few nights ago and it turned out pretty good.  I followed the recipe for the roasted chicken breasts pretty closely except I used the lemon juice in a jar instead of fresh and lime zest instead of lemon zest because I had a lime I needed to use up.  I also used dried Thyme instead of fresh rosemary because that is what I had.  Oh, yes, I sprinkled it with lemon pepper instead of salt.  It tasted good but I agree with Leslee – it would be better marinated first.  I think Ingrid has suggested that for all meat and poultry.  I didn’t even think about it but I will likely make this dish again with the marinating.  The chicken was moist and tender.   I followed the Twice baked potatoes recipe exactly and I thought it was really good and made a good pairing with the chicken.  I have not made the dessert yet but I plan to make it tomorrow night.  It sounds really good. 

Jacki's Pics 100

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Looks good. Good idea to add some lemon pepper for extra flavor.

didi said...

really like the pictures , I was thinking about serving it with brocolli also.
I started making the potatoes and even marinated the chicken and got it all ready for dinner but had to go to a diferent dinner plan since Christopher had to go to a last minute drivers Ed. class and I had to run Alexandro to piano lesson. I guess we will have it this weekend, we are going to Black Butte tomorrow to take the boys skiing Saturday Morning so that will be a quick meal I think I will prep the potatoes and just stick it in the oven when we are at the house....should be good.....