Friday, January 15, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Salmon and Red Cabbage/Mandarin Oranges

This meal was a big hit at our house.  Yes, you read right – a big hit.  Rich even said at the end of the meal “I have to admit I really liked everything about this meal”  The lemon pepper and balsamic vinegar were perfect with the salmon and the cabbage and mandarin oranges were absolutely delicious.  I followed both recipes exactly but I think I ended up cooking the cabbage and mandarin orange dish a little longer than recommended due to trying to get everything done at the last minute plus I added a 15 oz can of mandarins, not 11 oz since that is what I had. Both recipes were quick and easy to prepare.   I served  Saffron rice as a side dish.  Everything was healthy, delicious and nutritious.  I loved this meal!  Thanks Claudia.

Jacki's Pics 087

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Looks very nice. Good to hear a postitive review from both of you! I bet the rice was just delicious on the side!

didi said...

Looks so good!! Can't wait to try it. Nice colorfull picture.