Friday, January 22, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Poached Pears

I almost felt like a gourmet chef making these with the simmering and reducing, the pear stem attached  etc.  We both thought they tasted good and it smelled heavenly while it was cooking with the orange and vanilla and cloves.  I didn’t have whole cloves so I just sprinkled some ground cloves in.  My pears were still a tad firm (not overly ripe)  so it was a little hard to cut while eating.  I ended up cooking it about 10 minutes longer that it said  to get the sauce reduced down.   Good flavor combination with the pear and orange and chocolate – yummy.

Jacki's Pics 104

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Yours look very nice and fancy. I tried making them with canned pears and it didn't seem to turn out as well. I forgot to take a picture.

Nika said...

Looks gourmet!