Saturday, July 16, 2011

Audrey's Catch-up

Well, I am finally getting some of the recipe's that I have tried posted. Its nice to now have high speed internet ! This is the Spicy Pulled Pork. I have made this several times now and we have really liked it. Its a recipe that you can freeze half of the meat if you don't need all of it, so that's very handy. The fresh lime juice squeezed over the filling is real good!
Here's the BBQ Jalapeno Poppers. These were a big hit! My first batch was fairly hot, due to the peppers, but the second batch wasn't, so that was good for me :)

Brock was my taster. He liked the hot and mild :)



Here's the Chocolate Sheet Cake. I made this to take for the Hospitality room at a basketball tournament. They cleaned it up, so I guess that they liked it ! I made one to keep at home for us also and we liked it. I thought that it was nice and moist and of course I like nuts with my chocolate :)

The Simple, Perfect Chili was very good also. Easy to make which I like. I added pinto and kidney beans. I like beans in my chili, but not all of our family does, so I made my usual chili recipe for them. They missed out not eating this !

I fixed the Olive Cheese Bread for a family get together. It wasn't a recipe that anyone picked, but it looked good. I found that there was a lot of filling to go on one loaf of french bread. It was too much for us and too many olives ! Very rich and salty. It was good, but I would cut back on the olives :)


The Oatmeal Crisps were a big hit! I liked the fact that you could make up the basic recipe and then add different ingredients to change it up. My favorite was adding chocolate chips. I think that someone else added raisins or cran-raisins. It was nice to make it, roll it up and then put it in the freezer till you needed it.


I usually make Onions Rings when we have hamburgers, so I thought that I would try these Onion Strings out. They didn't go over big with my guys! They wanted the ones that I usually make. I liked the Onion String quite a bit, but it was easy to eat too many!

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the catch up review. All of your dishes looked very tasty and thanks for the tips you included. Good thing you have Brock around to help with all the tasting:) Nice photos too.

Sitton said...

It was fun to see all the recipes you tried. They all look good, and make me want to try a few of them again! I think Jenny and Kim tried to Olive Bread too and said it was VERY olive-y!

Al and Jenny said...

Your jalepenos look very good! I could go for some of those right now!