Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dana and Audrey's Review of some Side Dishes

Here's Dana working hard cooking our Quesadilla's. We had mushroom, red pepper & cheese quesadilla's with our Pico De Gallo and Guacamole.
Here is the Guacamole. Dana fixed it and I think that she followed the recipe, but she also added some garlic powder to it. Its real important to have good avocadoes and handy to just add the Pico De Gallo to it. It was so so good!!


This is the Pico De Gallo and I fixed that. It wasn't hard to make, just some cleaning and chopping of the veggies. It tasted very good also! I had some home grown tomatoes and then had to add a few from the store. We really liked the red onion instead of the yellow. I had made this a few days before with the yellow and didn't like it as well. I would recommend that you add half a jalapeno at a time to test for hotness. Some peppers are mild and some are hot :) Don't forget to add the lime juice and salt as these really add a lot of flavor. I have made this recipe about 3 times now. It's nice to eat when its so hot outside. We also used tortilla chips to dip up these tasty sides.



Here's Dana's plateful ready to eat !!
I will definitely make both of these recipe's again.


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

We are going to make the pico de gallo for dinner tonight so your review was very helpful. Your whole meal sounded very tasty.