Friday, July 22, 2011

Jacki and Leslee’s Review of Katies Roasted Corn Salad and Twice Baked Potatoes

Leslee and her family are here visiting with us and we decided to make both of these recipes for dinner tonight.  The Roasted Corn Salad was a little labor intensive but tasted very good.  If I made it again I would add a little less balsamic vinegar.   I was worried the corn wouldn’t get all the way done with the grill pan so I cooked it in the microwave a few minutes first.   The salad was good with  tortilla chips and by itself.  It was a nice blend of flavors and the grilled taste was an excellent addition. 

The Twice Baked Potatoes were also very good but I didn’t have any green onions or bacon and both of those ingredients would have zipped up the flavor a notch.  It was very hot here today so I did all the potato cooking in the microwave so the oven would have given the dish a little bit of crispiness which would have been nice.  Both dishes were tasty and recommended.

Salad part way through preparation:

Jacki's Pics 191 

Completed:

Jacki's Pics 193

Twice baked potatoes – a little heavy on the cheese.

Jacki's Pics 194

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your dishes looked good ! We also liked the twice baked potatoes. We just fixed the corn salad also this week and I agree with you about the balsamic vinegar :)