Friday, July 8, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Flat Apple Pie

I made this last night for dessert and it didn’t disappoint.  I only made half the recipe but followed the directions other than that.  I didn’t do a very good job of folding over the edges so I had some cracks and some of the juice leaked out all over the cookie sheet but it still tasted really good – just a pain to clean the pan.  I would definitely make this again and maybe try PW’s suggestion to drizzle caramel sauce on top:)

Ready to go into oven – mine was VERY rustic.

Jacki's Pics 021

Fresh out of the oven. 

Jacki's Pics 022

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Your pie looked very good! I need to try that here when some of my kids are here to help eat it. Do the apples get completely cooked or are they still a little crunchy?

Jacki's travels said...

mine were cooked through but they were not mushy but I wouldn't say they were crunchy - but firm enough.