Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dana & Audrey's Roasted Corn Salad

I started out cleaning and cutting all the veggies up for the grilling process. Instead of drizzling the veggies with the oil on the grill, I wiped it on the veggies. I used all the veggies that she suggested, except used one yellow squash and one zucchini as that is what I had. Once they were all roasted and cooled, Dana started cutting them all up. That was quite a job, but she got it done :) She made the dressing like the recipe said, but we would change it if we make it again. Too much balsamic vinegar! It made it too sweet. I think that I would prefer an Italian dressing on it, myself. We served it with skillet potatoes fresh from the garden and beef and veggie shish-k-bobs. Some people used tortilla chips to scoop up the salad. I thought that it all tasted good, but some of the family didn't care for the corn salad. Dana made the pretty tomato garnishes on our salad :)

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your roasted corn salad looks gorgeous! I agree about the balsamic vinegar. I enjoyed reading all of your reviews.

Al and Jenny said...

That looks so pretty! And very summery and fresh. I will have to make it...with less balsamic :)