Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Recipe Reviews By Audrey

Here are the Marmalade Muffins. They were fun to make, but they made a lot! I filled the muffin cups full & it made double the amount of muffins that she said, which is good. I poured the glaze over some of the muffins & then left the rest without for those who didn't want the sweet glaze. I thought that they tasted good both ways.
Mocha Brownies fresh out of the oven. These were also fun to make, since I usually just open a box. I used a good sturdy pan the size that she said & they turned out really good. For the frosting, since I didn't have the coffee, I used some milk and that worked good. I didn't ice the pan of brownies, but had a dish of the frosting on the side for those that wanted it. We usually don't frost our brownies, but it was a nice change from the usual version that we have.



Here's mine ready to taste, yum!!



Here is the Braised Beef Brisket ready to go. I followed her recipe and actually kept it in the fridge for several days, so it was marinated very well. It was a very easy recipe to make, you just had to plan ahead for your marinating time.





Here's the brisket after sitting for a bit ready to pull apart. We thought that it was very tasty and we served it with the Cheese Grits. I think that Dana might have posted about this. We didn't like the Grits as well. Garlic was too strong!




Here's our version of Beans and Cornbread. My family prefer's butter beans, so that is what I did. I knew that it would be a waste to do the beans her way. I really didn't follow her recipe at all :(




Here is the finished product. I also just used our usual cornbread mix(Jiffy) as my family said that they didn't want any other :) The meal was great !!





Here is the Perfect Pot Roast ready to go in the oven to roast. I followed her recipe and 4-5 hours later pulled it out. I did make some gravy to go with it and also cubed some potatoes and steamed them. We thought that this was a great recipe and now I cook my roast this way instead of the crockpot! Unless it is 100 degree weather outside here in oklahoma, then I will have to use the crockpot again :)




Here it is ready to be dished up.




Here's the Twice-Baked Potato. I think that I fixed this one saturday in March for our lunch. I followed the recipe and it takes a bit of time, but there are things that you could do ahead to make it go quicker at meal time. We thought that it was very good. You do need the bacon and green onions to give it good flavor.



Well, I only have a few more recipe's to post about that I fixed with Dana, so I will try and get those posted soon.



2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all of your reviews. Yes, I agree that the bacon and green onions add a lot to the twice baked potatoes. Your beans with the white beans looked good as well. The Jiffy cornbread is hard to beat:)

Al and Jenny said...

You guys have been busy!