Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Meal

We made the Easy Chocolate Mousse on Friday night, before Sean left to return home, so that he could try it.  It was pretty easy to mix up and I didn’t make any changes to the recipe.  We let it chill for 30 or so minutes and topped it with strawberries and whipped cream. Delicious! We all really liked it.  It made enough for 4 adult servings and a small child one. 

Jacki's Pics 324

On Saturday we prepared the salad and lemonade as we had some produce we needed to use up.  All the slicing and dicing did take a bit of time but not too bad.  I was glad they included the roasting tip for the nuts and seeds.  The salad shrank quite a bit as it soaked up all the dressing in the fridge, I was surprised, but I guess cabbage does that.  The salad was really good and I would even add more veggies next time to it.  It would be a good thing to make for a luncheon. 

 Jacki's Pics 344

When I started the lemonade I didn’t read the directions in advance so I didn’t realize the time involved.  I would definitely make it earlier in the day, but it worked out just fine.  I ended up using 7 medium sized lemon and one medium sized lime.  After I dissolved the sugar, I put the water mixture into the fridge for a few minutes to cool before adding the lemon/lime juice.  The recipe suggests that this should sit for an hour but because of time I just mixed it straight in with about 7 cups of water and it turned out fine.  This lemonade was so refreshing and delicious, it really paired nicely with the salad and made for a good summer dinner, along with some crusty bread. 

Jacki's Pics 346

1 comment:

Audrey said...

It sounds like you guys enjoyed the new recipes. Thanks for the tips on how many people they will feed & reminding us about the time involved for the lemonade :)
I'm going to try and fix these this week !