Monday, August 1, 2011

Jenny's Asian Salad and Lemonade



Last night I made the fresh squeezed lemonade and the Asian salad.

We loved the lemonade. It really hit the spot! I don't think I've ever made my own lemonade before, but I will definitely do it again. I only had 5 lemons and I got just about 3/4 cup of lemon juice, so I had to use bottled lemon juice to make up the rest. And I used 2 limes to get the 1/4 cup of lime juice. I ended up putting six cups of water in, plus over a cup of ice cubes that melted down and then ice in our glasses as well. I think it was just the right amount of sweetness.

I really liked the salad as well. It isn't something my husband would normally request/get excited about for dinner, but he was a good sport :) He actually said he enjoyed it. I marinated the chicken in some teriyaki marinade before hand. And I left the snap peas and the celery out of the salad. Other than that I made it exactly how the recipe called for. I would make this salad again for sure, and like Jacki said, I think it would be perfect for a girl's luncheon, a shower, etc. I loved how healthy it was...hardly even any oil in the dressing. And I was also excited to come home from the hot park today and have some nice cool, crunchy leftover salad.

I haven't made the mousse yet, but have all of the ingredients. I'll have to post about it later in the week.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Good idea to marinate the chicken before hand. Also, your lemonade picture is beautiful - like straight out of a cookbook or something.

Audrey said...

Nice pictures & good review. I'm really looking forward to trying the lemonade as my husband drinks lemonade everyday :) I also think that I'm going to have the same reaction to the salad from my family as you did. Hopefully, they will surprise me & like it as I'm sure that I will