Friday, August 12, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Lemon-Zucchini Fettuccini and Garlic-Balsamic Asparagus

I made both of these recipes last night for dinner and they were absolutely delicious.  I had planned to make the Brazilian lemonade as well but time got away from me so maybe tonight or tomorrow  I will try that.  I felt the fettuccini was rather labor intensive but when I make it again I will know how to time things better.  So, my advice to those of you who have not made it yet – read through the recipe a few times first because there is a lot to pull together at the last minute.   The rest of you are probably better at pulling everything together than I am though.  I cooked the chicken and zucchini on the George Foreman so I had a lot going on at once with that cooking, the pasta boiling,  the garlic infusing etc.  But, it was all worth it. I used the fresh basil which I really liked but skipped the oregano because I didn’t have any fresh.  As per Leslee’s tip, I only used the zest of one lemon which was plenty.    Now, my other confession is I was not paying attention and I used 16 oz of pasta instead of 8 oz!  I was so mad at myself after all that work but it still tasted very good and now I have more leftovers!  I will definitely make it again with the correct amount of pasta.  I really liked the asparagus with the garlic-balsamic vinegar marinade.  I cooked that on the George Foreman as well instead of the oven since I had it out and handy.  I agree with Leslee, my kitchen looked like a small disaster after I was done but the end result was a very tasty dinner.

Jacki's Pics 078

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Your meal looked great. I couldn't tell that you used too much pasta :). Nice idea to use your George foreman grill. I just made the recipes tonight, so I'll get them posted this weekend.

Heidi said...

I didn't get a chance to try these recipes last week so I hope to try them this week. It looks very tasty! Thanks for the tips too.