Friday, August 19, 2011

Sarah's Asparagus and Pasta


I love that my daughter couldn't wait for me to take a picture before helping herself to some asparagus. I thought it was pretty good. Jake isn't crazy about balsamic vinegar (he is crazy) but he still enjoyed it. Hannah loved it too but Eli threw it on the floor and said, "chuck," his was of saying yuck. But 3/4 of us liking it is considered successful!



Funny story...Jake and I spit the shopping list because we were short on time. I put on Jake's list 'bunch asparagus.' Well you can see from the picture how he interpreted that :p Any one have any other asparagus recipes?



The zucchini pasta was just okay for me. I did have to improvise because we ended up needing to feed a couple more families that we were expecting so I am wondering if I just didn't get enough flavor into it. It was a little complicated too. I don't think I could have done it without Jake manning the grill. The thing I did like was the grilled zucchini. I normally am not crazy about zucchini, but I really enjoyed it grilled. I probably wouldn't go and buy it to make it again but next time someone give us zucchini (which seems to happen a lot this time of year!) I will definitely throw it on the grill.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. That is funny about the asparagus - both stories:)

Leslee said...

Hahah I guess you guys will have lots of asparagus of the next while!