Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kim's Review

This is a little catch up. Last week I made the Fettuccine, asparagus, mousse and Brazilian lemonade.
I thought everything was absolutely DELICIOUS!! The asparagus was easy and yummy and everyone enjoyed it. The fettuccine was amazing. I used all the lemon zest and didn't feel like it was too much (I think I like a little lemon kick though). It was really full of flavor. My husband said he would order that at a restaurant!


The mousse was light, fluffy and yummy. I've already made it again, and I liked it better the first time I made it. The second time I whipped it too much and it was thick and not as satisfying.


The Brazilian lemonade was really good!! I don't have a very good strainer though and I DO NOT like any type of pulp in my drinks at all. So, I was a little weirded out by the pulp. The next day I went to the store and bought a good strainer so next time I make the lemonade it will be smooth and delicious.



I just made the chicken and broccoli tonight. It was a huge hit at my house. I thought I had chicken breasts in the freezer but it turns out they were tenderloins. So I made mini little chickens and it was perfect. It only took them 25 minutes cook and my kids kept eating them because they loved that they were small. My 4 year old said it was the best chicken I've ever made. The broccoli was really good too. I added the lemon like it said in the suggestions. My husband liked it but thought it was a little too lemony. Like I said earlier I love a lemon kick, so I thought it was perfect!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all of your reviews. I need to go get a decent strainer as well - the cloth napkin I used was rather time consuming and messy but did the job. Great idea to use the tenderloins for kids.