Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heidi's Asian Salad, Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers, Lemonade and Easy Chocolate Mouse

I fixed all of the above recipes yesterday for lunch.  I made the Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers (page 116, I think) because I knew my family would not be a big fan of the salad.  I started out making the teriyaki marinade for the chicken skewers and made that right after lunch so that it would have plenty of time to marinade.  Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.  Here is a picture of the Asian Salad before I put it in the fridge to chill.  I followed the recipe except for the snow peas - I couldn't find them at the store for some reason and the almonds and sesame seeds.
My helpers testing out the chocolate mouse before I put it in the fridge to cool.  They both thought that it was "delicious!"
My plate all ready to eat.  I thought that the salad was good but nobody else in my family cared for it.  Since it was 110 yesterday I thought that it tasted pretty good!  I probably could have cooked the skewers outside on the porch since it was so hot :)  Kenton actually didn't want to grill since it was so hot out so I cooked them in the oven.

 The lemonade was also pretty time consuming to make.  It was pretty good although if I made it again I wouldn't use near as much sugar.  It was too sweet for us. 
 The dessert!  Connor and I really liked the Chocolate Mouse.  It was easy to make and I didn't think it was too chocolaty.  It was a little chocolaty for Kenton and Ashley was just in a weird mood.  Probably because she was so tired.  Overall, I liked all the recipes for the most part although I thought they were a little too time consuming for my taste.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Fun pictures, especially of the kids :). Glad that you can cook with us again. I haven't fixed the recipes yet, but plan to sometime this week. I will try & remember about your suggestion about the lemonade. Good idea to fix the Teriyaki chicken skewers.

Jacki's travels said...

Cute helpers:)Thanks for the reviews of everything and the pics. It all looks tasty.