Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jacki’s Review of Chicken Cordon Bleu, Oven-Roasted Broccoli, and Brazilian Lemonade

I made these three recipes tonight for dinner and they were all so good!   The Chicken Cordon Bleu was so easy especially since I bought the chicken breast cutlets so they were already thin – I did give them a couple of whacks with my meat mallet just because I have one and it is fun to do:)  I used Swiss cheese which gave the dish a nice bit of tang.  It took about 35 minutes to cook (to get the internal temp 165).  While it was resting I roasted the Broccoli.  I really liked the flavor of the broccoli – something different than just steaming it.  I made the broccoli a little different than the recipe directed – I put the broccoli in a plastic bag and added the oil, S&P, and parmesan cheese and mixed it all up together and then put it on the baking sheet.  Delicious!  I had everything ready to go for the Brazilian Lemonade and the only challenging part was straining it.  It took a little bit of time but I managed.  I liked it so well at this point that I decided to forgo the condensed milk – it had the perfect amount of sweet and tart.  I served some crusty sourdough bread on the side.  Tasty dinner!

Jacki's Pics 086

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Nice meal. I bet the lemonade would have been good without the condensed milk too, I will have to try that.