Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sarah's Review

I am excited to be part of this blog! I have been wanting to do something like this for a while because I always need dinner ideas! Jenny Tanner is married to my brother Al. I live in Ohio for the summer and will be going back to Indiana in a week. My husband is getting an MBA from Purdue. We have two kids. Our daughter is almost 5 and our son is 19 months. I wish I had an awesome family picture to post, but this is all I've got! The stranger taking our pictures obviously didn't know we expected him to take at least ten shots ;)

I LOVED this salad! Was there seriously only 2 tablespoons of oil for all those veggies? I left out the red onions because I think sometimes they are too overpowering. Which surprises me that I don't like them but I keep trying and I just don't like them! I also left out the celery and instead used a red pepper, an orange pepper (to make it colorful), cucumbers, sugar snap peas, and the BEST part was the rotisserie chicken. It added such a great flavor that complimented the dressing. I loved the toasted almonds which added a nice crunch.

I took it to a BBQ and thought there would be a ton left since it really makes a large salad. But it was almost entirely gone and everyone loved it. Unfortunately, my veggie-loving 5 year old didn't care for it. I think it might be because there was too many other fun things to do. I will definitely try again though! Thanks for the great suggestion!!

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Welcome to our cooking club, Sarah. We are so happpy to have new cooks join us! Thanks for the review and glad to hear your salad was a success - beautiful and colorful. Also, thanks for the intro and letting us know a bit about you - cute family.

Al and Jenny said...

Yeah Sarah! So fun to have you on here :) Your salad is very pretty. I love the different colors of peppers. Not only was this recipe so yummy and healthy, but it was so colorful and pretty too!

I would like to try it with the rotisserie chicken too. I can imagine the flavor it added.

Leslee said...

Welcome Sarah! Thanks for your intro, it is good to put a face with a name!