Friday, August 26, 2011

Leslee’s Cobb Salad

I made this salad on Wednesday for a little lunch I was having.  I did most of the prep work the night before like cooking the chicken, eggs, and bacon.  I covered the chicken in our favorite bbq sauce (Sweet Baby Rays) and heated it up just a bit before serving.  I made sort of a salad bar with everything for people to fix their own.  The only thing I forgot was the green onions.  I didn’t end up having time to make the dressing but I am not really a blue cheese or feta fan so we just used the bbq dressing and ranch suggestion.  The salad was delicious and everyone loved it! I have been eating the leftovers for lunch for the past few days.  I forgot to take a picture of my salad but I am sure it was just as beautiful as the one in the book:)
I haven’t gotten a chance to try out the ice cream recipe yet but I will try to make that soon and post about it!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Good choice to serve it at the luncheon. The ranch/BBQ sauce salad dressing sounds like it would be really good with it.

Audrey said...

Nice idea for a get together. People can choose the foods they like. I've never tried "sweet baby rays" BBQ sauce. We are "head country" fans ourselves. I'm sure your meal looked delicious !