Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Leslee’s Meal

I made the Chicken Cordon Bleu last night for dinner with the Broccoli.  I have never made this type of chicken but it was really good! I wished I would have used chicken cutlets or pounded my breasts out thinner because they took forever to cook but still tasted great.  I was excited to use some gluten free bread crumbs I had on had and also crushed up some cereal to get enough.  I probably ended up cooking mine for about 50 minutes to insure that they were cooked through.  For the broccoli I followed the directions but cooked it along with the chicken at the lower temperature for the whole time the chicken was in.  Towards the end the top was getting a little crispy so I put some foil on top and it was cooked just right when the time was up.  I have baked broccoli before but the parmesan cheese was a nice addition!

IMG_3493

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks very good. The chicken was a big hit at our house and made for good leftovers as well.