Sunday, October 9, 2011

Audrey's BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad & Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream

Here's the Chicken Cobb Salad. We really liked it and it was easy enough to fix. We already eat a lot of these meals during the summer, so I knew that they would really like this recipe. I didn't fix the blue cheese dressing, as they didn't want to try it :(
Here is my version of the ice cream, courtesy of Jacki's suggestion. I did use the full fat vanilla ice cream after reading her review and it turned out great! I let the ice cream soften up and then added chopped up cherries that had been frozen and then thawed. I stirred them in and then added the grated dark chocolate. Put the mixture in a freezer safe container and let it refreeze. It tasted really good. I did like it best when it was still soft. I don't have a ice cream maker, so it was fun to try and make my own version of it.
Here is the mixture after adding the chocolate.
We liked both of these recipes and I will fix them again. Hope that those of you who haven't tried them will!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Both your salad and ice cream look delicious! Thanks for trying the full fat ice cream - I need to try it out soon as well. Glad that your family liked it all.