Sunday, October 2, 2011

Audrey's Taquitos, Salsa and cookies

Here is the meat mixture for the Taquitos. It was pretty simple to put together, but I think I'll follow Jacki's suggestion of using the spice instead of the pepper next time. I still have the rest of the peppers in the frig :(
Here is the finished Taquito meal. I didn't have all the ingredients for the salsa and cookies at this time, so we had fried okra and some toppings to go with them. I didn't find the cheese it called for in the store, so just used a Mexican cheese mixture and I found that it really melted down. I think the Taquitos would have looked better with the asked for cheese :) Also I cooked mine a bit too long and will probably skip the salt on top or else use less. All in all, I liked these.
Here are the main ingredients in the salsa.
Here's the finished product. I couldn't resist a snack after making it. Soooooo good! I really enjoyed all the fresh ingredients.
Here is the cookie dough partly mixed up.Here's the dry ingredients. I sure like just putting all the ingredients in a bowl and using a whisk to lighten them up.
I found the dough pretty dense, more so than my usual chocolate chip cookie recipe.
When I baked the dough up they were great! Very tasty and chewy, which I really like. I did substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for the white chocolate chips, since some of my family don't care for it. Next time, I will use it instead of the peanut butter chips. I think that I would like that better. I still liked them, but like the option of switching out the different flavors.
On the whole, I liked all 3 recipes, especially the salsa :)

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks very good. I really liked those cookies as well (don't know if I have ever met a cookie I didn't like tho:) Just put your leftover chipotles and sauce in a baggie in the freezer for another time.

Audrey said...

Thanks, I'll do that with the chili's :)