Monday, October 3, 2011

Kim's review

Some of the things I made I totally forgot to take a picture of.

I made the thai noodle salad and thought it was really good. Next time I will half the recipe and add WAY LESS dressing. I added the whole recipe and my meal was swimming in dressing. It wasn't a very "kid friendly" meal at our house at least but I thought it was really good.


I also made the french dip sandwiches. I followed the recipe exactly except I added provolone cheese instead of swiss (not a big swiss cheese fan). It was delicious. The meat was yummy, the au jus was delicious and the whole family enjoyed it. We used the left over meat to make the taquitos the next day... YUM!

I made the dinner rolls the other night. I wasn't a huge fan of them. Mine were pretty heavy. I thought they were going to turn out light and fluffy, but mine weren't. Maybe I should have added less flour, let them raise longer... I don't know. Any suggestions??? They tasted yummy but I didn't love the heaviness of them.


When I made this dessert I don't think I have ever seen my husband SO HAPPY!! He was literally in heaven. It was delicious and we will make it again for sure. My husband claims this will be a recipe that will be passed down for generations in our family!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Ha - always good to have family traditions for the generations to come. Thanks for the reviews - everything looks really good. Yes, the flour is a tricky part of the roll recipe - the can actually be light and fluffy. In one of the comments of someones review Sarah posted a site that shows what dough should look like with the rolls.

Audrey said...

I enjoyed your reviews, especially about your husband liking the shortcake :). I think I added a bit too much flour also, but they still tasted good.