Friday, October 21, 2011

Leslee’s Recipes

Last week we made the Cookie Sundae Cups for dessert.  I too had to cook mine for awhile and I think I might have cooked them a tad bit too long.  They were still nice and soft though when we ate them hot with ice cream and the toppings on top.  Very yummy!

IMG_4011

Last night I made the Greek Couscous Salad but made a few changes.  I can’t eat couscous so I used quinoa instead.  It seemed like the best substitution.  Everything else I followed except substituting the cucumbers for broccoli (Sean doesn’t like them!).  I also just used regular olives because I wasn’t feeling too adventurous to try the other ones.  I guess I took a lot of the Greek out of this salad!    I thought the dressing was just a bit too oily but I didn’t end up using it all anyway.  Overall I thought the salad turned out great and it was light and fresh tasting. We ate it with some grilled chicken.  It was a good alternative to rice or potatoes!

IMG_4057

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Both dishes looked very tasty. I haven't tried the couscous salad yet, but it sounds like something that I will like.