Monday, April 23, 2012

Audrey & Dana's Stromboli's & Brownies

Well, we went the easy way with some of the ingredients.  We used store bought pizza crust, shredded mozzarella cheese & a rotisserie chicken.  We followed the recipe except as mentioned about the cheese & chicken.  Like Jacki, we couldn't find in the directions when to use the mozzarella, so we just added it to the inside ingredients, which worked great.  I made the Spinach-chicken Stromboli, Dana made a Spinach-Chicken & Pepperoni Stromboli & then we also made a Chicken & Pepperoni Stromboli.  We did use the cheese & tomatoes in all of them.  We really liked all the flavors.  We really feel that using the rotisserie chicken gave it great flavor, since it also had the dark meat with it and had been cooked with the skin on ;)  I had already made that pizza sauce before & didn't like it too much, so I used another one that I have & it tasted great! 


We also decided to make the Mint Brownies, since we hadn't made them earlier.  We each made a batch of the brownies & since I forgot to get the mint flavoring, we picked the flavors that we wanted from what I had.  Dana split her brownie cake in half & used banana flavoring on one half & coconut on the other.  I just used vanilla, as Brock wasn't too crazy about trying any of the other flavors;) For the chocolate glaze, Dana used the dark chocolate & I used the semi-sweet.  Very good brownies!!  Good flavors...
I think that we will both fix these recipes again ;)

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I agree, the brownies were REALLY good. I still need to make the Stromboli again to see what I did wrong - good to hear you all liked it.