Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jacki’s Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers

We just had these today for Sunday dinner and man were they good!  I assembled them this morning so they could marinate for several hours.  The whole process was a little lengthy so as I was making them I was quite sure they were not worth the time but I was wrong.  Definitely worth the hassle.  I had not read through the teriyaki sauce recipe so I didn’t realize it had to be cooked and cooled so that took a little extra time.  Also, wrapping the bacon around the chicken was a bit time consuming but I quickly figured out I could cut the bacon strips into fourths and then stretch them around the chicken piece and skewer through the bacon and chicken to hold the bacon on.  I used the center cut bacon and then stretching it a bit made sure it was thin enough to cook since I knew I would be baking these in the oven.    I put the skewers in a big 9x13 Pyrex dish and poured the sauce over them and rolled them around a bit to coat.  I put them in the fridge and rolled them around a couple of times more during the marinating process.   I cooked them for the 20 minutes stated then turned on the broiler to crisp things up a bit for a few minutes.  They were really good and perfectly done.  I didn’t roast the artichoke because I forgot to get one but I did have some cauliflower so I tossed that with some olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted in the oven while the skewers cooked.  

Jacki's Pics 069

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your food looked good! Wish that I would have remembered to marinate the chicken ;)