Sunday, April 29, 2012

Leslee’s Panzanella and “Cake”

The idea of the panzanella was new to me but all the ingredients sounded good so we gave it a go.  Sean told me he probably wouldn’t eat it if the bread was soggy so I toasted it and didn’t add it in until right before serving.  I thought it was good and made a nice summery side dish. 

IMG_9651

Instead of making a big cake I decided to do cupcake versions.  I made Devil’s Food Cupcakes, sliced them in half, and assembled them like the cake.  I was sure I had all the ingredients for the mousse but ended up not so I made a thick chocolate pudding as a substitute. They were really yummy but definitely rich! It will be fun to try the cake sometime when we have a good reason:)

IMG_9656

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Cute idea to make the cake into cupcakes.