Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki and Stromboli

We had the Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken last week and I had to make a few adjustments.  I forgot to grab skewers at the store so I just wrapped the breasts in bacon and marinated and grilled them that way.  They marinate was much thicker than I expected but I think it worked great for chicken and it was really delicious! We also grilled the artichoke that night too.  I prepared it and steamed it quickly in the microwave (on a plate covered in saran wrap) and that seemed to do the trick.  The grilling gave it a nice flavor and both Sean and I liked it! It is always fun to try something new on the grill!

IMG_9433

Last night we had the Stromboli and it was so yummy! I ended up using a gluten free dough which was a bit harder to work with but besides that the prep was really easy.  We left out the spinach but added in a few pepperonis and olives with the other ingredients.  For the sauce I accidentally bought tomato sauce instead of paste but made that work.  The label said it was basically tomato paste with water and some spices so I just added a few more spices that the recipe called for a long with the sugar.  It made a really good dip for the Stromboli.

IMG_9640

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

All of your food looks really good! I still need to cook the artichoke and I like your idea of just precooking it in the microwave.

Audrey said...

Food looked very good! I'll try and remember your tip on precooking the artichokes in the microwave when I get to cook them.