Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jacki’s Spinach-Chicken Stromboli, Sauce

I made these recipes a couple of nights ago for dinner and I have to wonder if I did something wrong because I just didn’t really care for it and everything else I have tried in this cookbook has been so good.  I halved the recipe for everything – dough, garlic bread seasoning, sauce, Stromboli.   I used the breadstick dough recipe in the book pg. 30 and that turned out well.  I made the garlic bread seasoning pg 53 so I could make the pizza sauce and I thought both of those were tasty too.  For the Stromboli I omitted the chicken because it just didn’t sound good to me and I added a little more cheese instead.   We just thought the whole thing didn’t have much taste.  I think I should have added a little more cheese, and more Italian seasoning and maybe even a thin layer of the sauce on the Stromboli before layering the ingredients on.  Did anyone notice the directions didn’t mention anything about layering on the mozzarella cheese?  I would like to make this again to see if I can get the taste level acceptable because I think it could be really good.  Hope to see a few more reviews of these recipes from others. 

Jacki's Pics 064

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your food looked good! Im not sure what happened for you, but we really liked it, even doug!