Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Audrey's Chicken, salad & Dressing review

These are several of the recipes from the last couple of weeks.
Here is the Spicy Honey chicken. This was from several months ago, but oh well ;)
I really liked it and thought it had great flavor. I followed the recipe, but did cook it in the oven. It required lots of spices, but I only had to get the chipotle chili powder, so that was good.
Here's the Poppy seed dressing. I followed the recipe except I added less of the sugar & oil after reading Jacki & Leslee's reviews. I only used 1/2 cup of sugar & 1/3 cup of canola oil & it tasted great! This is probably my favorite homemade dressing :)
Here is my plate for Easter dinner. I fixed the Ribs from the cookbook and the Spinach Mandarin poppy seed salad. The salad tasted great & I followed Leslee's suggestion and just let people put together their own salads from all the ingredients. I also added the strawberries along with the mandarin oranges. Really great flavors in the salad and dressing. I plan on fixing this again :)

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

All of your food looks really good. Thanks for the info about your salad dressing (less sugar and oil). I added less than called for but didn't measure so this is helpful for next time. I agree, it was really good!