Friday, April 6, 2012

Jacki’s Spinach Mandarin Poppy Seed Salad and Key Lime Tarts.

I made both of these recipes last night for dinner.  The salad was really good but I didn’t have any bacon so I omitted that.  I made the Poppy Seed Dressing which was delicious but had oh, so much sugar!  I actually added a bit less sugar than was called for and it was still really good so I could probably add even less next time.   I served it as a side dish to a salmon meal.  I made the Key Lime Tarts into a pie using a store bought graham cracker crust.  It was really easy to make.  I have been wanting to try this recipe to see how it compares to the one we made out of Robin Millers cookbook (the first one we cooked from).  I have used that recipe several times.  I thought this recipe was ok but I like the Robin Miller one better.  I forgot to put food coloring in the pie so it looks more like a  lemon pie.   These were fun recipes to try. 

Jacki's Pics 066

Jacki's Pics 068

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Good idea to pair your spinach salad with Salmon. I haven't tried the pie/tarts yet, but will try and get that done soon. Thanks for the reviews.