Friday, December 11, 2009

Audrey's London Broil and Fruit Cobbler







My family really liked both of these recipe's. I started out marinating the meat in Italian Dressing. I started that in the morning and flipped it during the day. I followed the recipe, except I used campari tomatoes since that is what I usually buy, instead of cherry or grape and they were somewhat mushy after cooking. I can see why it would be better to use the cherry or grape tomatoes. The meat was a big hit as usual and Doug and I liked the cumin seasoned corn, but Brett and Brock would have rather had plain corn. I also served steamed potatoes with butter and sour cream.

The Cobbler was a big hit with everyone. I used frozen blackberries and raspberries and used twice the amount of fruit than what was called for. Doug wants me to use even more fruit the next time, so I guess that I will cook this recipe again. I had to cook the cobbler for an hour, which was probably due to the extra fruit. I served vanilla ice cream with the cobbler and that really tasted good. Both of these recipes will be used again. Hope that everyone else enjoyed them as much as we did.

3 comments:

Leslee said...

Your two recipes look great! I really enjoyed both of them, good choices. Kelly and I made both of them down here so I need to post a review seeing how it is already Saturday!!

Jacki's travels said...

Yummm. Everything looks delicious. Glad to see your boys enjoyed the meal too. Thanks for the review and suggestions. I used the blueberries for the cobbler and they were nice and tender.

didi said...

Loved your pics!!! This was a great meal here at our house! I am glad your family enjoyed it too.