Monday, December 7, 2009

One Delicious Dessert

Last night my grandparents came over for dinner and since my Grandma (NaDee) is in our cooking group I figured it would be fun to try the Blueberry Cobbler for dessert.  I made a few substitutions that may have changed the flavor a bit.  The first thing I did was replace the flour with a Gluten Free Pancake Mix.  This mix is a little sweet and makes the tastiest pancakes and so I decided it would be great in this recipe. 

IMG_4228

Here were it’s ingredients…

IMG_4229

Since in contained a leavening agent I omitted the baking powder.  I mixed up the batter according to directions and poured it into a 9x9 pan.  I know it called for a bigger pan but it didn’t seem like was enough batter to fill one up, maybe it would have worked.  I topped it off with some frozen blackberries mixed with a bit of sugar.  It took quite a while to cook, probably close to an hour.  This may have been due to the smaller pan or the higher altitude, as suggested by my Grandma.  We served it warm with some vanilla ice-cream and it was absolutely delicious!! It reminded me of a blueberry muffin, even with the blackberries.  It was nice and sweet and had a little sugary crunch on the edges.  Everyone really liked it and went back for more! I would definitely make this again! I do wonder how it will turn out made with flour so I look forward to your reports! I am going to go down to Arizona today to visit Sean’s family so hopefully we can try out the London Broil and maybe make this again!!

IMG_4214

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Thanks for your post. I am planning on making the recipes tonight, so I am glad to hear how yours went. I am going to use blackberries and raspberries instead of the blueberries. Yours looked really good!

didi said...

wow....it looks mouth watering.....I love the idea of pancake mix I was thinking about using some bisquick myself.
I am not sure when I will try the recipes this week we have band concerts and Leon also has meetings and is working late a couple of nights....I may just make it at the end of the week. I got a Kalamata olive and caper salad dressing and I am thinking about marinating some tri tip in it for this week's recipe, can't wait.

Ingrid

Heidi said...

Looks very good. We have LOTS going on this week so I am not sure if we are going to be able to try the steak; but I do have some frozen peaches that I am going to try for the dessert. We are not big blueberry fans so I thought that I would try peaches since that is what I had. Hopefully sometime this week!

Grandma NaDee said...

That dessert was wonderful. We really enjoyed our dinner with Leslee and her little family. Summer was adorable and cried when we left. I'm going to be using this recipe for my Christmas guests. I'll be looking forward to more comments.

Jacki's travels said...

It looks delicious. Yours turned out much more cobblery than mine but it still tasted very good. I will be interested to see how it turns out for everyone else.