Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oregon No Turkey Tetrazzini with Green peas

We made this dish on Monday night and since my boys are pasta lovers it was an easy to please dish.















We don’t eat a lot of meat here at home and we were also tired of Turkey so vegetarian was the way to go.
I did not have sour cream so I used boursin cheese (with Garlic) which I always use on cooked pasta; it is so delicious and creamy…. I used 1 cup white wine and 1 cup chicken broth and also used some cream fresh. We added multigrain farfalle pasta since we didn’t have any egg noodles. I also used 24 Oz of mushrooms and my fresh herbs from my herb garden, so, so good…..We added fresh spinach at the end.

Alexandro had a great time helping me out!!!!


To serve it, we sprinkled parmesan cheese on top (I had pecorino Romano on mine)








We had a nice green salad with olives and marinated artichoke and that was plenty since this is a very rich dish I opt for no bread!!
Very good dish and very easy to make.

4 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your dish sounds and looks very good. Thank you for substitution suggestions. I have never tried that kind of cheese before. I used reduced fat sour cream so maybe that also contributed to the thinness of my sauce. Great pic. Alexandro looks like quite the cook and a great helper.

Leslee said...

I am sure it was rich with the cheese and cream but it sounds quite tasty!

Nika said...

So gourmet. Wish I could have had a taste.

Audrey said...

I am with you on making it a vegetarian dish. Good idea. Brock cooked with me that night also, but he cooked up some venison and made gravy to go with it. They ate my dish on the side and liked it okay. I think they would have like it better without the Turkey.