Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Leslee’s Chili

I fixed the chili tonight and it turned out great although it wasn’t my best cooking effort.  First of all I forgot to put it in the slow cooker earlier in the day so I just opted for the stove top method.  Second, I didn’t really look to see if I had all the ingredients before I started.  Everything turned out just fine though.  I didn’t have stewed tomatoes with chilies so I just used some plain canned tomatoes and also added a little spicy salsa for some heat.   I only had one can of black beans so I just used that instead of two cans of bean.  Other than that I followed the recipe and it cooked up nicely.  Sean said he would like to have it over rice so that is just what we did.  I love chili and rice but usually just use the can kind.  This tasted nice and healthy and was a filling dinner.  I should have made some kind of veggie or fruit to go with it but I haven’t restocked the kitchen from my trip.  Sean and I both enjoyed this, but Summer was only interested in the rice.  A good choice for this cold winter we are having!

IMG_4318

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I think the chili would be good over rice. I think the black beans would be good in it too - I didn't have any on hand so I just used the red. Your picture looks tasty.