Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jacki’s review of Turkey Tetrazzini and Parmesan Rolls

I made these two recipes on Monday night and thought they were both good.  I followed the recipe pretty much as directed for the Tetrazzini but only used 1 1/2 cups of broth because 2 cups seemed like quite a bit when I was pouring it in.   The sauce still seemed on the thin side.  I guess I could have let it cook down longer.  I also used cooked turkey to use up some of my leftovers.  I didn’t use any Thyme since I didn’t have any and I only used 3/4 tsp of the Oregano. I am not a real herby type of person.  I also used twice as many mushrooms as called for because I had some to use up and I really like cooked mushrooms. Maybe the extra mushrooms oozed extra liquid into the sauce making in thinner.   Ok, so now I realize I didn’t follow the recipe as directed!  I thought it had a really good flavor but it didn’t look as appetizing as it could have.  It was a little runny and the noodles didn’t really seem to soak up the sauce very well.  I was actually thinking it would be good with rice because it would soak up some of the sauce.  I made fresh bread dough for the rolls and put parmesan on some of them.  They were really good and complimented the Tetrazzini quite well.    I enjoyed the meal but when I asked Rich how he liked it I just got “the look”, but he did eat it all.  Excellent way to use up the leftover turkey.

Sorry, not sure why these pics on posting sideways.  Pic of the rolls before baking and of the final meal.  

Jacki's Pics 210

 

Jacki's Pics 212

3 comments:

Leslee said...

Your meal looks very nice, especially with the homemade rolls! It does appear that your didn't add the noodles to the sauce before serving. That is just fine but they probably would have absorbed some of the liquid. I don't know, just an idea. I enjoyed some of the leftovers today.

Jacki's travels said...

You know, after reading the recipe again I just didn't do a very good job with it this week. I didn't mix in the noodles which, as you mentioned, would probably have soaked up some of the sauce. And, I didn't top it with parmesan cheese! I had better try this one again and maybe get some new reading glasses!

Audrey said...

Thats funny about your needing to try the recipe again! I want to try it again but without the turkey and with peas. That sounds sooooo good. I also think your rolls look better than my store bought tube bread did. I will have to try that sometime.