Sunday, December 13, 2009

Peach Cobbler

Friday night I made a Peach Cobbler. I decided to use bisquick instead since that sounds pretty yummy and previous posters mentioned it might be good. I heated the frozen peaches in 1 1/2 cup of sugar and added a little water. I made the bisquick mix with 2 cups of bisquick and about 1/2 cup of sugar with enough milk to make it almost like a cake batter. Then, I spooned the batter onto the bottom of the pan and put the fruit and sugar mixture on the top and then sprinkled the top with even more sugar! No wonder it was so tastey with all that sugar! :) I cooked it at 350 for about 35 minutes until the top was browned. Let it cool for a little while and then served it with vanilla ice cream. Kenton and I both had 2nd helpings and we both decided that we probably shouldn't have eaten the 2nd one. Ashley really liked it too; but Connor was pretty full from dinner and didn't want any dessert... boy did he miss out!
My 2nd helping :)


3 comments:

Leslee said...

Good to hear it works well with all fruits! I had a little leftovers of ours today and it was so tasty warmed up with whipped cream!

didi said...

You can never have too much cobbler come on!!!!!!!!
I think I will try the peach too it sounds so good.

Jacki's travels said...

I agree with Ingrid - seconds is never a bad idea. Connor is such a self disciplined boy - I would never decline dessert just because I was too full from my meal:) Your peach cobbler looks very good.