Friday, December 4, 2009

Audrey's Turkey Tetrazzini with Broccoli and Parmesan-Crusted Rolls









I really liked both recipes as they were very simple and good tasting. Thanks for choosing them. I as usual followed the recipes closely, but after cooking it, would make a few changes. The only change I made at the time was swapping broccoli for the peas, as some in our family don't like peas. I like them myself and think that they are the better choice, but the broccoli tasted good also. I also used leftover cooked turkey and would change that because it was a honey baked turkey breast, so it was a little sweet, but it still tasted good. I'm with Ingrid on not eating much meat and think that it would have tasted real good with out it. I think that it would make a very nice side dish also. I know that some of you felt that it didn't have enough sauce and that it was runny. I didn't have any problem with that, but I did cook it like the recipe called for if your meat wasn't already cooked. I also added a bit more sour cream, so maybe those two things helped with it not being runny.




For the rolls, I used a roll of refrigerated french bread dough and then followed the recipe. They were so simple and easy to make. Everyone like them a lot. Next time I will make more. In all, I would fix these recipes again. Good job!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the excellent comments, suggestions and pictures. Next time I will definitely let it cook longer and the sauce reduce down and I think it would make a good side dish too. Glad your family enjoyed it.+