Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Leslee’s Turkey Tetrazzini and Brown Sugar Pineapple

The Turkey Tetrazzini was an excellent choice for this week and used up all our extra turkey nicely.  I started out by using a gluten-free rice noodle instead of of the egg noodle.  They aren’t quite as light as egg noodles.  I followed the recipe but omitted the mushrooms. Since my turkey was already cooked I didn’t cook it in the pan as long as suggested.  I thought 2 cups of broth sounded like a lot so I didn’t add quite that much.  Instead of green peas I added some frozen chopped broccoli.  After I added in the noodles I added some sliced olives and sprinkled a little mozzarella cheese on top since we were out of parmesan cheese. It was a little liquidy and I am not sure if it is something I did or if that is just how it turns out.  Both Sean and I really liked it and I enjoyed probably a little too much:) I would suggest cutting down on the spices as they are very dominate in this dish.  If you family isn’t big fans of herbs then I would maybe just do a little dash of each.  Very tasty and an excellent choice!

IMG_4168

A little later in the evening I made the Brown Sugar-Glazed Pineapple for dessert from a few weeks ago.  I used can pineapple rings and just sprinkled everything everything on top.  It took a lot longer to cook and I probably could have cooked it even longer.  I served it over vanilla ice-cream and it was quite delicious! Both Sean and I enjoyed it!

IMG_4171

4 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Both of the pictures look delicious. It is good to know the broccoli substituted nicely. I will post mine in a bit but mine turned out a little runny too.

Heidi said...

I will probably have to wait to try mine since I don't have any leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. I will keep in mind that it is a little runny and maybe not add so much broth.
Excellent review!

Nika said...

I definitely let mine boil for awhile to let it reduce down and then mixed in the noodles at the end which helped to soak up some juice.

Audrey said...

I liked your addition of the olives. I will have to try that myself. Also, your pinapple and ice cream looked so good. I still haven't tried that recipe. Good idea pairing it with the Tetrazzini.