Monday, November 30, 2009

Audrey's Spanish Chicken and Onion Crescents




I will have to say that this has been my favorite recipe that we have done so far. Of course I haven't fixed all the recipes. I did make some changes to the recipe for our family and that was using boneless, skinless, chicken thighs instead of the chicken breasts. I also used some Campari tomatoes that I already had instead of the Roma tomatoes. I used the rest of the ingredients that the recipe called for and I really liked the sun-dried tomatoes in it. I thought that really gave the dish good flavor. Since only three of us ate on it, I had lots of leftovers and I ate it for lunch on top of a lettuce salad. That probably sounds strange, but it tasted good. I do think that it was a good idea to have rice with it, like some of you did. We had a lettuce salad with ours and then I fixed the rolls, except I just made them into the crescent shapes and sprinkled them with garlic powder. Everything tasted very good. Like some of you, I think that it would also taste good with more sauce and then put it on top of some pasta.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I really liked this recipe too. Your dish looked very pretty right out of the microwave. Having the leftovers on top of lettuce sounds good too. Thanks for the review and pictures.